We went to the Cheesecake Factory for our Christmas brunch and ornament exchange 2014.
Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients
Filling ingredients for cheesecake:
- 2 pounds cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Red Velvet Cake Ingredients:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, brought to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, brought to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide’s Food Editors
Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake Filling Recipe
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place 2 large shallow pans filled with 1/2 inch of water into the oven to create a water bath.
- Prepare 2 greased 9-inch springform pans by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom of them to prevent leakage from the water bath.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla and lemon juice.
- When the batter is blended, divide it between the springform pans.
- Place one cheesecake pan into each of the water baths in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake for another 35-40 minutes until the sides are set. The center should be slightly jiggly as it will firm up during cooling.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl.
- Cream the sugar, butter, and oil together.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk.
- Add vinegar and food coloring, and beat the batter well.
- Add half the flour mixture to the batter and mix at low speed.
- Continue to mix the batter while adding the buttermilk.
- Add remainder of flour mixture and mix the batter until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9-inch pan.
- Bake cake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool round layers 10 – 15 minutes before loosening, then remove them from the pans, and cool completely.
- Once cooled, carefully slice the Red Velvet Cake horizontally so there are two evenly-sized layers.
- Freeze for 4 hours or more.
Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in large bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Remove the chilled cheesecakes from the springform pans.
- Remove the Red Velvet Cake layers from the freezer.
- Place one layer of Red Velvet Cake on a plate.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting on the cake to help the next layer to adhere.
- Place one cheesecake layer on top of the Red Velvet Cake.
- Add another thin layer of frosting.
- Repeat with remaining Red Velvet Cake and cheesecake layers.
- Cover the entire cake with a crumb-coat of frosting to trap all loose crumbs before adding your final layer of frosting.
- Use a piping bag to create a decorative edge around the top of the cake.
- Cut the cake into 12 equal slices and serve.
Ordered by Julie at Cheesecake Factory at Cumberland Mall December 2014.
Photographer Julie missing in action on this one.
Janet’s Giant Salad!!!
Joanna didn’t get squat!
Julie’s cheesecake to go.
Then, an intrepid few went to the Ferris Wheel in Atlanta. It was a gorgeous day with amazing blue skies.
Terri and Gina Loving It!
Jazz Hands Attack!